Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Glimmers Of Hope


As parents you always wonder if the things that you try to teach your children are making an impact. It seems that you have to repeat yourself so many times that they couldn’t possibly be learning. Then every once in a while they give you small glimmers of hope, when they don’t even know you are listening to them. For example we tell the kids “use your magic words” all the time. Taylor has been starting to take off with the older kids favorite toys which usually makes them scream “give it back, its mine!” She takes off running to me and says, “no! You didn’t say please!” To which the kids look at me like Mom get it back for me. I just shrug my shoulders and tell them to try asking nicely. Taylor usually gives what ever she has taken back after they ask nicely for it. I guess it is her way of getting the older kids attention. Also my small glimmer of hope that what we are trying to teach is working


No comments: